Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ceviche.. in Atlanta

I have long been a fan of Ceviche! I can remember the first time I had it with John and incredible sushi chef. When we spoke about the flavors and the burst of taste that hit your mouth... well you can say I have been a enthusiast ever since! Over the years I have come to find out… that it can be made several different ways. A few weeks ago my husband and I had a shrimp crevice at a new Jackson restaurant called Babalu’s in Fondren. It was a spicy one with some major kick. When tonight my passion was reunited! Coast in Atlanta has the best Lump Crab Ceviche I have ever had! So I had to come home and does some research to recreate this amazing palate and take it back to Jackson!

Lump Crab Ceviche:

• 1/2 pounds lump crab meat1/3 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
• 1/2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste

Directions
1.Combine crab meat, lime juice, lemon juice, and 1 diced mango in a non-metallic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
2.After the ceiviche has sat for 1 1/2 hours, add the red onion. Mix well, then recover and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
3.Fold in the remaining diced mango, cilantro, and season to taste with salt before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment