Thursday, March 24, 2011
Roasted Shrimp Salad..
Last week my husband and I went to visit his sister's family in Alexandria, VA. We had such a blessed time going to DC and playing with our niece and nephew. There is nothing better than having time with your family and cooking! On Saturday we made this wonderful shrimp salad for a get together with family. We served it with Bib lettuce and avocado slices. The time together was priceless and the plates were licked clean! I loved it so much that I just went to the market and made it for dinner tonight! I am looking forward to eating on the porch with my hubby and loving this beautiful day! Enjoy!
2 1/2 lbs shrimp (16-20 count)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
1 cup 0% Fage Greek Yogurt (or mayo)
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
2 tablespoons capers, drained
2 tablespoons red onions, small-diced
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel/devein shrimp.
3. Place on sheet pan with olive oil, 1 t salt, 1/2 t pepper and toss together.
4. Spread in one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes just until pink and firm.
5. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
6. Whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t pepper.
7. When shrimp are cooled, add them to sauce and toss.
8. Add dill, capers and red onion and toss.
9. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or chill and serve at room temperature.
10. Serve over mixed greens.