Saturday, May 30, 2009

yes...Sweet Potatoe Pancakes!

I was at my super club for church the other night when a friend was telling my about Sweet Potato Pancakes at a restaurant up in Freeport. Well you know me.. I couldn't stop thinking about how yummy that would taste!! And how often I cook with pumpkin or sweet potatoes in my recipes.. So with that said.. they are FABULOUS and a must try!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons apple sauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (cooked)- you can you Libby's canned Pumpkin instead
1 handful pecans (chopped optional)

In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and apple sauce in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.

Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble. Top with nuts and syrup. I also use applesauce in place of syrup or pureed blueberries.

This is truly a new and fun way to make fulfilling pancakes packed with protein and taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment